Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Three Fabulous Snow Bunnies

Saturday was my first day out skiing this season, thanks to the generosity of one sweet Marry Stewart. And boy, you couldn't ask for a more perfect day: crisp mountain air, radiant sunshine, fluffy powder, and most of all the giggles and isolated time with two of the best women in existence.

I was 20 before I even learned how to ski and never really got very good. During seasons that I skied a lot I comfortably negotiated most blue runs. But the last few years I've only gotten out once per season and every time it practically felt like starting over. By the end of the day I was starting to get my groove back. Maggie hadn't skied at all in over 12 years and yet she was like a beauty queen making her turns. And Marry rips it up at least once a week and has her "bellybutton technique" down pat. So thanks to Maggie and Marry for putting up with my pokey-ness, tolerating a lot of green runs, and making me smile for an entire day- something else I haven't done in a while.


No comments: