Friday, January 25, 2008

House of the Bizarre

Wednesday night…. Jon and I are asleep in bed, and have been for a couple of hours, when suddenly, about a quarter after midnight, loud music is blasting from the kitchen. We bolt up, look at each other and say, “What is THAT?!” I run into the kitchen where my I had left my iPod on the countertop hooked up to some small, portable speakers. Sure enough, Moby is rocking out. So I turn it off and get back into bed more than slightly disturbed. For those of you versed in the dynamics of iPods, when you power it up and hit the select button it automatically selects the last choices that you made. My iPod was playing my running playlist, the first song of which is Moby. That was NOT the last thing I had listened to earlier in the day, nor was it automatically selected when I powered it up later that morning. (Cue creepy music….which I guess for me is now Moby, Play)

In other weird goings-on… For the last few days I have noticed that every time Ava sees a depiction of a Koala, she makes the sign for “fish.” Am I missing something? Are the planets all out of whack?

3 comments:

Mike and Em said...

Hey guys-

Love the blog. Beware of the scary monsters in the house. Great pics as well.

Love-
Mike, Emily, Caden and Kate Lauder

Melanie said...

That is weird. That sort of happened to me once. But it was my big sterio. It sure gets your heart going. :0

Riverdruid said...

The same thing was happening to me! My Ipod would start by itself every day at 3:00 PM. I finally figured out that the alarm was set!