Thursday, September 20, 2007

Blog Shmog

When Jon mentioned that he had created a blog for our family, I admit I did a bit of a mental eye-roll. I’ve always thought that personal blogs have the tendency to be self-seeking (and therefore inherently dull) and I don’t want to join that crowd. Nor do I want open myself up to all kinds of criticism.

Then I realized that hey, we could make our blog whatever we want, right? So here’s our effort to document our family without being boring or pretentious -- so that you get a sense of who we are and why we love living on this green Earth. I like the idea of Jon documenting his bus restoration project here. Also, as much as I’d like to keep Ava for us, I realize that she is a member of a larger family and community and she is too fantastic not to share. It just wouldn’t be fair. And of course, I will probably end up using this page as my personal soapbox from time to time. I am apt to get on a roll with my rants about various aspects of life. I will try my hardest to avoid offending anyone that I care about so you’re not allowed to take my opinions personally.

Well, it will be what it will be. With any luck, you won’t be too bored or insulted to share your comments. So don’t just read and run!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Let's hear more about the family trips to the Tetons!

Buck