Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kool-Aid Points, the Poor Man's Stock

Economic downturn knows no bounds when even the Kool-Aid man gets the axe! When 10 years ago I decided to clip and keep Kool-Aid points, for purely selfish reasons, I never would have thought that their future worth would be less than the foil-backed paper they were printed on.

Anyone who has seen the inside of our pantry knows of a little blue Tupperware box that holds tons of one square centimeter bits of paper. Their “agreed” value is pretty much meaningless since you would have needed hundreds of these Kool-Aid points in exchange for even a Kool-Aid man ball point pen. If you wanted a T-shirt, well, you would better be sweating Kool-Aid!

I knew I most likely would never redeem them so saving them was novel at best, but I recently discovered that Kraft Foods has discontinued their points program altogether! I was also surprised to see that no news channels have covered this story, not even Fox! Therefore, I have taken upon myself to get the word out!

In finality, Kraft Foods has posted a deadline of June 30th of this year to submit all unused Kool-Aid Points in exchange for prizes. To say the least, in memoriam, I will be filling out my official points redemption form for my first and final pursuit of Kool-Aid prizes. My goal; an official Kool-Aid Man brand plastic pitcher. Cross your fingers in hopes that it will be big enough to hold more than a cup of Kool-Aid refreshment. (for those in suspense, I will keep you posted)

So, farewell Kool-Aid points! I guess, it’s true when they say no one is safe in a capitalistic society as this was truly the poor man’s stock! Thank you for years of instilling in us all a fleeting hope for cheap prizes and also for giving us an elementary understanding of what "empty stocks" mean. I bid thee a respectful, OH, YEAH!!


In case you also have unused points:

http://brands.kraftfoods.com/koolaid/KoolSpace/KoolPoints/KoolPointsForm.pdf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am short 3 points to redeem the kool aid points. Wanted to get my granddaughter something. Can't find any old products on the shelves with points anymore. If you have 3 extra points,would you be able to help me out?
Thank-you
Nadia Ryan
(716)837-8143h
e-mail nadiaus@verizon.net

Unknown said...

I have been saving since military days and still hold on to those points hoping one day although I am very old now to get a few prizes. So sad to take hope away...